Sunday, December 15, 2013

Review: Beautiful Ruins


Beautiful Ruins
Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I'm not much of a movie buff, but if you really adore Hollywood history you will probably fall in love with this book. I like it for it's portrayal of the Cinqueterre at the beginning of the 60s and for the deep inner lives of (most of) the characters. I have to say, I only really liked two of the people in the book, and it all is a little too neatly tied up by the end, and the path to get to the end is ... not direct. Having said that, I did enjoy meeting most of the people and hanging in there to see how they all turned out.

What I wouldn't give to meet someone like Pasquale!! What I wouldn't give to NEVER meet someone like Michael Dean!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment