Sunday, June 05, 2016

Review: The Girl in the Spider's Web

The Girl in the Spider's Web The Girl in the Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

OK, I finished it so I could find out how all the ends tied together, but this one wasn't nearly as fun to read as the trilogy that Larsson actually wrote, not as taut or complex. I sort of knew who the "doomed" character was as soon as I read the description: pretty much put on a red shirt and beam down to the planet with the Away Team. And the end was far, FAR too pat to be legit. I mean, Lizbeth is just too smart for that, and Mikail is a dog. A sweet dog with scratchable ears, but a dog.

But the little boy was fascinating. I wish the author had spent far more time on him, what makes him tick, what he thinks about, why math is so appealing to him....

Oh well. Moving on now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment