Thursday, December 31, 2015

Review: Terminal City

Terminal City Terminal City by Linda Fairstein
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

One of the main reasons I love this series is that I learn something about New York City's "underground" history, stuff that normally doesn't come up in tours or travel guides. This was no different: I know an awful lot about Grand Central Station/Terminal now. The weird thing is that no sooner had I finished the book than I came across an article online about the 'secret' train siding that abuts the Waldorf, which is part of the story here. Not a spoiler--don't worry.

Yeah, the story: crazy guy hates women (not fully explained), murders them in a particularly gory way, Alex is targeted by another crazy guy, Mike's acting goofy, Mercer is (as usual) the voice of reason, and Barbara Rosenblat could read the phone book and make it absolutely thrilling.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment