Thursday, April 09, 2015

Review: The Lost Gospel: Decoding the Ancient Text That Reveals Jesus' Marriage to Mary the Magdalene


The Lost Gospel: Decoding the Ancient Text That Reveals Jesus' Marriage to Mary the Magdalene
The Lost Gospel: Decoding the Ancient Text That Reveals Jesus' Marriage to Mary the Magdalene by Simcha Jacobovichi

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



OK, well, this was interesting. There are quite a few leaps of logic here that ain't necessarily so. Nothing like cutting history apart and ignoring the bits that don't fit your theory

However, it was interesting to read about all the political intrigue in the Roman empire that was going on at the same time Jesus was preaching. And I'm not too worked up about the possibility that Jesus was married and had children. That doesn't really make a lot of difference for me in terms of my faith. The possibility that Mary Magdalene was some kind of Greek temple priestess prior to meeting Jesus is a little weird. Some of the other parts of this...I'm mulling over, but I'm not convinced.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment