Saturday, October 12, 2013

Review: Faithful Place


Faithful Place
Faithful Place by Tana French

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Holy sheeeeeet this is a massively depressing book! My God, I honestly can't recommend it as a mystery even since I knew who the killer was from the beginning (though I had doubts throughout). Great story, though, and very true-to-life in terms of the messed-up family system of alcoholics, and the closed community of people who live on a small Irish street for decades. Everyone knows everything about everyone, except what they don't want to know. Frank escaped at age 20 and hasn't been back since, and has only seen or spoken to one sibling in that time. Then his sister calls to say the suitcase belonging to the girl with whom he planned to run away with on the night he left was found behind a chimney in an long-abandoned house on the lane....and he's suddenly and inexorably drawn back into the whole despicable mess of his childhood: drunken father, desperate and angry mother, and his other screwed-up siblings, not to mention the neighbors. OMG, the neighbors!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment