Saturday, August 03, 2013

Review: Leonardo da Vinci: Painter at the Court of Milan


Leonardo da Vinci: Painter at the Court of Milan
Leonardo da Vinci: Painter at the Court of Milan by Luke Syson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Beautiful pictures, lots of discussions of Leonardo's artistic and philosophical style and what he taught his students. He didn't really create many completely finished pieces, but even the unfinished ones and the damaged ones are incredible. He really didn't ever stop drawing, or writing.

I admit, I've had this book checked out for so long that I finally mostly skimmed a lot of the last few catalog pieces, but the very last piece in the book is my favorite: Christ as Savior of the World. Haunting--because it was damaged--and beautiful.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment