Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Review: Her Fearful Symmetry


Her Fearful Symmetry
Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I have to say, this book was hard to read. The younger twins were annoying beyond belief, the 'ghost' character became more and more unlikable as the story progressed, and so many of the surrounding characters are weak, so weak. The only character I actually liked was the agoraphobic man, which is reasonable since apparently that's where Niffenegger's story began.

On the other hand, the names of the characters, the descriptions of London and especially of Highgate Cemetery, the ease with which I was able to suspend ALL of my disbelief in ghosts were really fun. I would recommend this to people on the basis of these things, and tell them to hang in through the whiny teenagers' story. While it's at the center of the book in some ways--certainly critical to the plot--there is much to enjoy that makes up for their silliness.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment