Saturday, October 29, 2005

Straight Into Darkness, by Faye Kellerman

Retrieved from: my library
0446530409, 2005
Suggested by: me, because I love the Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus series

I ended up not reading this. When I looked over the blurb, I realized it is a new series (?), or anyway new characters, set in 1920s Munich and incorporating Hitler's rise to national leadership. Not interested. At all. It's a time period that gives me nightmares with the realities; I don't want to read about fictional serial killers.

Having said that, I'm sure it's well-written. That's one of the reasons I like Kellerman: she rarely over-writes, she keeps the suspense level appropriate without getting gory (mostly), and draws characters that you can't help getting involved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment