Monday, January 10, 2005

Murder in Scorpio, by Matha C. Lawrence

Retrieved from: the library
(0312959842), 1996
Suggested by: me! From The List
My Ratings: 7 Merit, 10 Interest, 9 Fun

Yea! I read this in less than four hours. It's silly and mysterious and wonderfully light. In other words, just what I needed!

This is series mystery fiction at it's best. The investigator in this series is Elizabeth Chase, a psychic working with the police to figure out if a double car accident in San Diego county was actually a planned event. She's the usual spunky girl detective a la Kinsey Millhone, only less thoroughly fleshed out as a character. Then again, Kinsey's been around for almost 20 books; she was pretty sketchy in the first book as well.

The only down side is that I've read so many mysteries now that I suspect literally EVERYone in the book, so even the clearly good characters were getting a lot of my suspicious attentions.

Fun. I have the rest of the series here as well, so prepare to hear a lot about Dr. Chase in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment