Friday, January 16, 2004

INTENT

I've kept a reading log for over 10 years now, even inching up towards 15, I think. I'd have to go find them all. It has evolved. At the beginning, it was part of my 'regular' journal, so books and life were merged, but eventually I realized I was mostly writing in book titles and barely mentioning life. Plus, it was complicated to read.

So about 5 years ago I began a new notebook just for books. That works much better for that purpose. However, I haven't journalled in the normal sense in about 18 months. Life has been too hectic, which just means I have other priorities now. I will regret it later. Or not. Maybe getting the books in here will free up my ink and paper time to put down some stuff about the rest of the world.

This is not meant as a book review per se, but a log of what I was reading when, what I thought of it, and whether it was worthwhile, among other things.

Once I get a better handle on the whole Blog "thing," I hope to link the books to Amazon and do other fun things. Evolution is a wonderful thing!

So I will go get what I've been reading over the past couple of weeks and kick this off for real.

ADDED INFO: One of the things that evolved in the written log was the concept of List Authors. These are authors who write well, or whose books are enjoyable for some reason, anyway. They are Old Faithfuls, to whom I can return, or want to return and read the rest of their works. They are not usually "classics" in the Dickens or Plato set. Just fun authors to read, or intriguing characters that are worth following.

No comments:

Post a Comment