Friday, January 16, 2004

Deadly Divots: A Golf Murder Mystery, by Gene Breaznell

(188259374x)
Oh my God, why did I waste my time on this? At least it was a quick read, but it was bad, bad, bad. I should keep this book around to remind of why I shouldn't try to write a book! Obviously no one told this guy: his plot was thin, his characters pretty stereotypical, not to mention leaden.

The only upside (and I think this is what kept me reading) is that the premise was interesting: the actual mystery in the book tracked the mystery novel he was reading, a book written by a British author a la Dame Christie.

(Then there's the fact that his wife died of cancer last year. I'm sensing a theme. This is one of the things about reading that I love. Serendipity.)

Nelson DeMille is quoted on the cover saying "A hole in one." He doesn't say 'one what.'

No comments:

Post a Comment