Thursday, July 23, 2015

Review: The Kite Runner

The Kite Runner The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

One of my coworkers L O V E S this book, raves about it often, quotes from it...so I finally decided to give it a go even though I ordinarily would skip right over it. It took a good third of it to really draw me in, partially because I could see the structure of the "building" under the story so clearly. But the author reads this version, and his pronunciation of all the names of places and people in Afghanistan was thrilling to hear--which is what kept me hooked till the story finally sucked me in. I sort of feel as if I want to skim the printed version now because I have no idea how most of these words look. And the story....oh, the story. Sad. Hopeful. Horrifying. Lovely. My coworker is right, it's a very, very good book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment