Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Review: The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August


The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August
The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



What if you were reincarnated knowing everything you knew from previous lives? That is the premise of this book, which is surprisingly not cynical or terrifying or full of silliness. Harry August is born in the 1920s fifteen times (at least) and grows up each time trying to figure out his purpose in life. Ultimately, it seems his purpose is to stop the world from ending in the future. The section where Vietnam and the Eisenhower Era intersect is a bit bizarre, and some of the plot strings don't hold together for me, but the story of Harry is fascinating. I wonder what sort of person I'd be if I knew I would be reborn and be able to start over and try something new....as many times as I wanted.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment