Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review: Peking to Paris: Life and Love on a Short Drive Around Half the World


Peking to Paris: Life and Love on a Short Drive Around Half the World
Peking to Paris: Life and Love on a Short Drive Around Half the World by Dina Bennett

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



There were some surprising connections to my life in this book--which is ostensibly about a rally-type race from Beijing to Moscow a few years ago. The couple lives in Colorado. So much for the connections. The only part of this book that I didn't like was her constant discussion of what a failure she felt like she was for most of the trip. Well, the whole concept of doing a trip like this doesn't appeal to me either, but it was fascinating. Brought back a lot of memories, and made me want to visit the Baltic countries, which was sort of surprising.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment