Sunday, April 20, 2014

Review: The Secret Rooms: A True Story of a Haunted Castle, a Plotting Duchess, and a Family Secret


The Secret Rooms: A True Story of a Haunted Castle, a Plotting Duchess, and a Family Secret
The Secret Rooms: A True Story of a Haunted Castle, a Plotting Duchess, and a Family Secret by Catherine Bailey

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



WOW! So much fun: researcher goes to do a rather basic investigation in old papers and digs up a corker of a mystery. It all rotates around Belvoir Castle, near where my sister's family lives, so I really perked up when I was told about this. It bogs down quite a lot in the telling of the story around the battles during the spring of 1914, and one of the three mysteries never is revealed. Also it wound everything up a little too quickly. Really, though, I totally enjoyed this book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment