Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Good Omens : The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch, by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (on CD)

Have wanted to read this book since it came out, but it never quite made it into my lists. So now I have. It would have been better to read it with my eyes: there are a lot of perspective changes that are NOT signaled well by the narrator. Still, a pretty funny-yet-thoughtful book about Armageddon.

Yes, I know, that's unexpected, but look at the authors' names. The plot mostly revolves around a book of predictions from the 17th century that has been passed down through the writer's family after her death--she was burned at the stake as a witch. Also involved are an angel and a demon who are quite amusing, a Witch-Finder Army (of one two) and an 11-year-old in the center of things who is the son of Satan.

It's amusing. Made me want to read more Pratchett.

No comments:

Post a Comment