Monday, January 02, 2006

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, by Mark Haddon

Retrieved from: my library
0385512104, 2003
Suggested by: My reading list
My Ratings: 10 Merit, 9 Interest, 10 Fun

I'm a little behind on this, I realize: it was a Today Show Book Club pick when it came out. It is a good book, however, in that it provides insight into how things work inside the head of a somewhat functional autistic teenager.

The story begins with Christopher discovering a neighbor's dog stabbed to death with a garden fork. He decides to "detect" to find the murderer, only to uncover a mystery involving his mother which then overshadows the original case.

A really fun book to read, and a reminder that not everyone is born with "social skills." We see a lot of that in the library, but we all forget that abruptness can truly equal cluelessness, but not stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment