Monday, August 29, 2005

Wildwood Boys, by James Carlos Blake

Retrieved from: my library
0380977494, 2000
Suggested by: a review, certainly; see below for more
My Ratings: 7 Merit, 5 Interest, 1 Fun

This seemed familiar, but then when I got to page 13 and this line
"He couldn't stand the thought of his arm rotting in Mexican ground, and he regretted not bringing it back to bury in America."
I had a strong recollection of it. I checked; I was right. I started this book in 2002.

Here's my review from that time:
5/30/02--Read only about 100 pages. Looked violent & depressing. About a group/family before the Civil War, probably based on the Quantrill Gang in Kansas & Missouri. Well-written but not my kind of subject or plot.
Nothing there I can disagree with, and I'm not going to finish it this time either.

No comments:

Post a Comment