Friday, October 15, 2004

Medal of Valor Firefighters, by Michael L. Middleton

Retrieved from: The library
(0071410287)

Another one that looked interesting as I cataloged it. Subtitled "Gripping tales of bravery from America's decorated heroes."

Just what it says, the book covers 25 cases of heroic rescues from around the country. They are mostly fire rescues, but there are also a couple of deep-shaft recoveries and a few water rescues. Several of the first ones I remember seeing or hearing about on the news. It's a little freaky to read about "what really happened" when you can see the news footage replaying in your head.

These guys are all heroes, even the ones with no medals. But I wouldn't necessarily recommend this to anyone with a firefighter in the family. I don't think I'd've slept well if I read this while my brother was still doing ARFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment