Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Review: The Long Haul: A Trucker's Tales of Life on the Road

The Long Haul: A Trucker's Tales of Life on the Road The Long Haul: A Trucker's Tales of Life on the Road by Finn Murphy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I grabbed this because one of my dearest family members is a long-haul driver, so I wanted to peek inside his worklife. Murphy is a mover, which differentiates him from other drivers in the pecking order of the road; who knew there was a pecking order?

This isn't just about driving, but also about dealing with dispatchers sending you on crazy trips, strange and fascinating customers, and why you shouldn't dither around when passing a semi. The latter will change my attitude about getting around these guys.

I'm already a little biased about trucks, so I really enjoyed this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment