Thursday, December 28, 2017

Review: My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey

My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey by Jill Bolte Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was given this book to read by a good friend after my husband's injury in September. I eventually just skipped the first few chapters, BUT the description of the author's stroke and its aftereffects has been very useful as I travel along with someone with brain damage of various kinds. I can't recommend this book highly enough, and even the first chapters (on anatomy) might prove useful to others where they were not to me.
And the reason it took six weeks to read is because I read it in a hospital room as time allowed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment