Sunday, August 14, 2016

Review: Zigzag: A Nameless Detective Collection

Zigzag: A Nameless Detective Collection Zigzag: A Nameless Detective Collection by Bill Pronzini
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Normally, Pronzini gets a 4 or a 5 star rating, but this wasn't as compelling as his usual books. For one thing, it's actually a collection of 4 short stories/novellas. I wasn't expecting that, so when I got towards the end of the first one, I was very confused about how the case was already over with 2/3 of the book left. I don't remember the second story at all, and I fell asleep multiple times in the last one (which may have more to do with my lack of sleep than his writing or the plot).

Good, tight stories and characters, but I didn't get into them for some reason. The last one especially was silly--easily worked out ahead of time and then a cheap twist at the end. smh No.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment