Sunday, August 28, 2016

Review: Long Gone

Long Gone Long Gone by Alafair Burke
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was a freebie from Barnes & Noble (I think), in a program that gives you a chapter a day, or so. The formatting of the chapters left a lot to be desired, and was downright distracting at times.

The story was pretty strange too: famous director's daughter hired to run a new art gallery and then murder happens, and then she is set up as the killer. Cue melodrama. It was interesting, but I totally knew who the real sneaky jerk was from the first appearance in the book. And there was a completely unnecessary red-herring situation that just pissed me off when it was revealed.

It's too bad. With a little polish and more care taken in layout, this book would have been enjoyable.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment