Friday, July 15, 2016

Review: A Murder in Time

A Murder in Time A Murder in Time by Julie McElwain
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

OK, this was MyMediaMall's "bookclub" book this summer. I've read these suggestions before and generally liked them. This one was an odd choice, being a time-travel mystery that starts with an injured/recovering FBI agent and ends up with her transported to the early years of the 19th century where she 1) encounters a serial killer (right up her professional alley) and 2) gets the hots for the local Hot Duke-in-Training.

The mystery was far too obvious for my taste, the romance part was escapist silliness, the historical detail was occasionally completely wrong, but there was something about this that made me want to finish it. It's not a "bad" book by any means. There were just quite a lot of what I call clunkers: things that didn't land just right on my ears.

Though, I have to say, Kendra is quite the fun character. It seems there will be more of her to come. I don't quite see how that will work, but I may have to keep an eye out for McElwain.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment