Sunday, May 08, 2016

Review: The Autobiography of James T. Kirk

The Autobiography of James T. Kirk The Autobiography of James T. Kirk by David A. Goodman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm only giving this book three stars because I didn't want it to stop. The author does a nice job summing up Kirk's career in a fairly thoughtful way--though how Joss Whedon's re-arranging of the original events on board the Enterprise changed is something very much not addressed in this book. I did appreciate that while Kirk is never going to be accused of being a Deep Thinker, there was some sense of "what did this all mean?" going on in the old man's head as he presumably wrote his memoir. Not a lot--don't worry: Kirk doesn't turn into any kind of philosopher!

If you haven't watched TOS eps recently, or ever, the whole first 2/3 of the book is going to bore the snot right out of you. For diehard fans only, in other words.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment