Sunday, April 17, 2016

Review: American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History

American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History by Chris Kyle
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Ran out of time on this checkout--it was chosen as an Overdrive Group reading thing, which usually is stuff that gets me outside my usual stuff and makes me think a little. I just don't even know where to start with this. It was fascinating to read about how the war in Afghanistan happened from someone who was there, someone who liked his job an awful lot.

On the other hand, this guy is a pretty pathetic excuse for a human being. And I figure if he comes across that way in an autobiography, he's probably worse than he's willing to tell us. It makes me sad that there are guys (and probably gals) out there like this representing the U.S. Another reason the whole concept of winning hearts and minds is a ridiculous concept.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment