Saturday, September 05, 2015

Review: Not That Kind of Girl: A young woman tells you what she's "learned"

Not That Kind of Girl: A young woman tells you what she's Not That Kind of Girl: A young woman tells you what she's "learned" by Lena Dunham
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So now I know where Lena Dunham came from. I think I'd like to chat with her, but she really sounds like the kind of younger person I find desperately irritating. Very earnest, very honest (apparently), very angsty....and tiresome. This is not to denigrate any of her experiences or her wisdom--she does have wisdom--but I could have lived without quite so many Oh My Gosh I'm an Idiot stories. I'll check back in with her in a decade and hope in the meantime she has some more real-world experiences of life.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment