Thursday, July 23, 2015

Review: Back on Murder

Back on Murder Back on Murder by J. Mark Bertrand
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This took me a VERY long time to read and considering the price (free) I feel a little cheesy complaining, but if someone works for, say, the Houston Police Department, shouldn't that be shortened to "HPD" not "hpd"? It made me nuts seeing that (and other layout things like it) repeated throughout the book! Having whined, this is a pretty good mystery. Very noir. I kept thinking it was set in LA, in fact. I'm not sure I want to read anything more about this character; he's not the most likable of guys, although I gotta say, he definitely grew on me. At the beginning I just wanted to smack him, but by the last quarter or so, with some explanation of where he's coming from, I started to actually root for him. We'll see if I dig up anything else by Bertrand.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment